Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 28 - Active* Waiting For Notes

Update on The Project: I have in fact heard back from my fabulous managers and they are in fact reading over the weekend. They also want to read my novel pages - but I'm not sure if I'm ready to let them go, we'll see how I do today and tomorrow.

When all are ready then we'll shoot them off to my agent and then the ball will really get rolling. But, that's after notes, after revisions. We can all hope that those magic words come back, "It's great. We're ready." But, that's only happened to me once on a first draft. 1 out of 19. Not holding my breath. Even though... I enjoyed the read myself. I have no distance.

So what's great to do while you are waiting for notes. Besides, catching up on all the things that went out the window while you were writing (house, bills, friends, hair-cut)... it's a great time to read some writing books.

Here's a list of some my favorites:

Save The Cat by Blake Snyder
The Art of Dramatic Writing by Lajos Egri
On Writing by Stephen King
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott

Of course, as in previous posts, I also can recommend the books from the UCLA Screenwriting department including Lew Hunter, Hal Ackerman and Richard Walters.

Active* (To writers reading is activity)

No comments:

Post a Comment