Monday, October 11, 2010

Eureka!

I am happy to report that once again going back to basics has saved the day.

I have solved the problem with the last 10%. A new opening - which actually allows my character to show her warts - so that over the course of the film we can get them removed. Okay- that analogy may not be in my top 3.2 million, but I'm rushing. I have a conference call in 12 minutes.

Good news just can't wait. I am now working this refined character through the story and expect to have a new (and hopefully - ready to show people) draft by Friday!

Hurrah for Hollywood... Da da da da da da da Hollywood.....

If you are stuck on a spot. Go to your trusted readers. Listen, even if you don't want to. Step back. Clear your head. Then give yourself permission to try something wild. (The duplicate draft command is key to this. You can always go back to what you had. It's a win-win. Go for it.)

After a couple tries you might just hit on the solution. And then you'll get to experience the "breakthrough bliss." The bigger the road-block, the bigger the bliss. This one feels like I should pop a magnum.

Happy Re-Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment